The Bay Foundation’s Ocean Resilience Program is dedicated to the restoration of marine coastal ecosystems that have been degraded by overfishing, pollution, and the vast alteration of our coastline. Much of this hands-on restoration is achieved by means of SCUBA!
Interested in helping us protect the Bay? We are seeking potential volunteer divers to help with site scouting, site establishment, and site maintenance dives associated with our Ocean Resilience projects.
Specifically, interested divers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Current American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS) diver
- A minimum of 12 logged scientific dives within the past 12 months
- 6 within the last 6 months
- Current AAUS-approved Medical Exam with physician approval
- Current First Aid Training, CPR Training & Emergency Oxygen for SCUBA
- Appropriate dive insurance (e.g. DAN, Dive Assure, etc.)
- Experience in cold water with surge, kelp, low visibility, shallow/deep depths
- Provide all gear (tanks will be provided by TBF)
- Enthusiastically support TBF’s organizational mission!
- Rescue diver certification from a nationally recognized certification agency
- Minimum of 30 total dives in Southern California conditions
If you meet these requirements, please reach out. We look forward to connecting and thank you in advance for your interest!